Monday, April 7, 2014

Using Gelli Printed Deli Paper in My Art Journal

I am constantly finding new ways to use Gelli printed deli paper in my art journals.  Last week I came  up with the idea that I wanted to try creating some really big flowers out of gelli printed deli paper and collage them onto a canvas or into my art journal.  I decided to do this in my journal.  You may recognize that the deli paper flowers in this art journal spread are out of the same paper that I made these flowers with.  I also cut up another piece of gelli printed deli paper into strips and created a border with it.  I went through a stage where I was making gelli printed deli paper envelopes with my BigShot and then incorporating the little envelopes into my art journal spreads.

For the background of this spread I used dictionary paper.  After applying some teal/mint green paint I used some of my new Dina Wakley Media stamps from her Textures set.

The colors in this art journal spread are definitely making me smile.  I will never grow tired of flowers!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment