Thursday, April 17, 2014

Documented Life Project Planner Page and a Sweet 16 Birthday Card

Last week's Documented Life Project Planner challenge was to do something monochromatic - use shades, tints and hues of one color.  Here is what I came up with.  It's not green!  I decided that I would use different shades of blue.  I used my new Crafter's Workshop stencil called Retro Bursts.  I also used my new Tim Holtz Sizzix Frameworks Honeycomb die.  Along the left side I laid down
some deli paper cut into a scalloped pattern.  Around the rest of the edges I used blue washi tape with white stars.

All in all, I like the blue.   But I must confess . . . it's not near as much fun to create using just one color.   I really prefer to use lots of colors!

On Sunday my older daughter turned 16!  Wow!  This certainly felt like a big birthday.  Here is the card I made for her.  It was fast and fun!  I really like how the enamel dots coordinate well with the polka dot paper.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment