Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easy Stenciled Card!

Doodlebugs, my local stamping and scrapbooking store in Sequim, Washington, is having a Creative Community Challenge this month.  The challenge is to create something using stencils.  Cathy has been posting all sorts of great ideas and examples using stenciling techniques.  (You can click here to visit Doodlebugs blog.)  As I was reading this post, I realized that I had forgotten about one very easy way to get lots of color using my stencils:  use my blending tools along with Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads.  I've recently invested in some of the Mini Ink Blending Tools and I love them!  This card was created using the Heartwood pattern designer stencil from Memory Box and 3 different colors of Distress Inks.  After mounting it on a card I took out my Stickles and added some small little dots.

It's amazing that we can so quickly and easily get such incredible detail by rubbing an inked foam blending tool over a stencil.  I love stencils!!

Here's a close-up of some of the detail and the Stickled dots.
Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card. I hope you'll share it on the Facebook Creative Community Page. I love the stencil too.....might have to order that one.

    ReplyDelete