Monday, April 21, 2014

Tall Birds on a Mixed Media Background


A week or so ago I found a tutorial for Stenciled Coffee Filter Art on the Crafters Workshop blog.  I had some old coffee filters in the pantry so I went to work collaging and stenciling.  You know how sometimes you end up with a bunch of leftover paint after a project?  Well, I had some left over aqua and green paint that I couldn't waste so I grabbed my small art journal and sponged away.  I decided to follow the whole stenciled coffee filter process in my art journal.   I absolutely love the results!  I'm  sure the fact that these are my favorite colors has nothing to do with it!  Then I used my new StencilGirl Tall Birds stencil for the birds.  I colored the birds' bodies in with a few of my Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush pens and stamped a swirly stamp through the stencil.

Here are the coffee filters I made.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment