Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Frilly and Funkie Challenge


I had so much fun entering a piece of my art into the Frilly and Funkie challenge last week that I decided I would participate again.  This week's challenge is called 'Flights of Fancy'.  You can read about it on the Frilly and Funkie blog here.  I was inspired to create some fun backgrounds using the techniques discussed in this Frilly and Funkie blog post.  After I applied some ink and paint and did some stamping on the background, I set out in search of all things pink that might fit in with the 'Flights of Fancy' theme.  Butterflies, birds, bees . . . anything with wings was fair game.  I was also trying to grab things that I felt fit in with this 'frilly' look and feel.  The tag below is what I created.  It's pretty busy and very pink!



A closer look.
Have you created anything frilly or funky lately?  

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. My this is vibrant Kaylee! I love the way you've layered up the different techniques on the background to make it look as though your tag is created from fabric. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tag with lots of bright, cheerful colour and fabulpus textures. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete