Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Elegant Lily Cards


It's always exciting to discover a blog where the artist posts often and showcases beautiful and inspirational art.  It's even more exciting when this artist puts together great tutorials and videos.  Recently I found just this when I discovered Jennifer McGuire's blog.  It's definitely worth checking out!  About a month ago I fell in love with her card using the My Favorite Things Lily die.  You can see her video tutorial here.  

Since we were invited to my Mom's cousin's house for Easter Sunday, I decided it would be nice to give her a card.  (I'm always looking for an excuse to do something crafty!)  Here is the card I made using the My Favorite Things Lily die and Jennifer McGuire's tutorial.   

I always feel a bit sad when I make a beautiful card and then give it away on the same day.  I guess I really enjoy having a few days to admire my work.  Fortunately my iPhone allowed me to take some pictures so I can look back and remember the beauty.

I like orange flowers . . . but I like pink flowers even more!  I decided to make another lily card (that I will probably hang onto until Mother's Day) using some pink Copic markers.  I'm happy with how it turned out!  The little pink dots really made me love it!

I definitely could use a lesson and some practice in shading and layering colors with the Copic markers.  I'll have to add that to my list of classes to take!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment