Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fun Deli Paper Flowers

One thing I love about the Internet is all of the opportunities to learn about creative and new techniques.  I love it even more when there is a video showing you just how you too can create what you've just observed as beautiful.  Sometimes it's an entire art journal spread that you get to see come together and other times it's just a small component or technique that you can use on a card, in a scrapbook or art journal.

Last week I stumbled across this Deli Paper Flower Tutorial posted by Sandi Keene on March 20th.  I couldn't wait to try it myself.  I used my Gelli plate and acrylic paints to pull some prints on deli paper, book pages and dictionary pages.
Then I went to work drawing flowers with a Sharpie and cutting them out.  I couldn't stop!  I just wanted to make more and more and more.  That must be a sign that I'm having fun.  Here are a few pictures of my cut out flowers.

I'm hoping to incorporate a few of these into my planner this week for the Documented Life Planner Project.  Thanks Sandi for the great tutorial and video. 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love this project. I just bought a box of deli paper & wanted some more ideas. Plus I can pull out my gelli plates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the internet because I can find older posts with information that keeps me creative! I am into deli paper right now and this post is just what I wanted...

    ReplyDelete