Thursday, April 10, 2014

Experimenting With Something New!

About a month ago I discovered the work of Robin Mead.  Her work is bright and vibrant and full of color.  She draws and paints flowers galore!  She just offered her first online workshop which is called Make Your Mark!  I almost always love the look when an artist uses dark lines to emphasize various shapes. I think that is why I liked this class.  Black lines encourage colors to pop and stand out more.

This is a piece of art that I created while taking Robin's class.  I used Sharpie pens to draw the flowers and leaves and Copic markers to color them in.  I used some square stamps in the background along with my Portfolio Series water-soluble oil pastels.

Robin also creates beautiful digital art on an iPad.  It sounds like she will be offering some sort of digital art class in the near future.  I will definitely be signing up for that class as well.

Have you done any digital art on an iPad or other tablet??

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment