Monday, April 14, 2014

A Birdcage in a Secret Garden

Here is an art journal spread in my large art journal that I completed almost a year ago.  In the back ground I used some self-adhesive drywall tape in the bottom corners.  I also used a piece of wide elastic lace across the top.  I painted it with gesso and then adhered it across the top before I laid down the background color.  I used a combination of die cut branches with leaves, stamps and a stencil to form the leaves/greenery hanging down from the top of the page.  I had fun adding the birdcage with the bird to this Secret Garden of sorts.
A close-up of the birdcage and bird.  The drywall tape and lace are also more visible in the background here.

I think it would be fun to create a Secret Garden themed journal page every couple of weeks.  It would also be fun to create a Pinterest board showcasing Secret Garden related art.  What would you include in your Secret Garden creation?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment