Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Last Week's Documented Life Project Planner Page

 Write your name and embellish it !  This was last week's Documented Life Challenge.  I know it sounds like an art assignment we all had in 5th or 6th grade.  But do you remember the freedom and opportunity for expression this provided?  (I don't actually remember doing this but I know my daughters did!)  Here is what I came up with.

As usual I used a lot of green.  I really like the green fern and the fun feathers!  I hadn't had a chance to use this new black washi tape, so I decided this was the time.  The washi tape went on the page, around the edges, early on so that helped me decide that the rest of the page needed some black.  I had fun with the polka dots and lines for the letters of my name.  I also used one of my new Stampers Anonymous Distress Damask stamps and stamped it in black.  The feathers are die cut from My Favorite Things Feathers and Arrows die set.  I stamped an Alisa Burke feather stamp over the die cut feathers.

This week's Documented Life Project Challenge is Monochromatic:  use shades, tints, and hues of one color.  I think I will use blue.   If you were going to create something monochromatic what color would you choose?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment