Friday, April 4, 2014

Flowers In Her Hair!

I finally found some time to try out this Prima Bloom Collection Instachick cling stamp.  I love the flowers and various things that are stuck in her hair! For the background I used one of my Stampers Anonymous Distress Damask stamps stamped in a light green.  Then I used Wendy Vecchi's translucent  embossing paste with a polka dot stencil.  After that dried overnight, I sprayed some Dylusions spray inks.  With a baby wipe I then wiped away the ink that was on the raised, clear embossing paste.  When the spray ink was dry I stamped the instachick stamp with a black Archival ink pad.  Next, I went to work coloring in the flowers, paintbrushes, buttons, spool of thread, etc. with Copic markers.  I ended by using my new Wink of Stella brush in Glitter Dark Pink to color in her lips.  If you're not familiar with these brushes they have a nice shimmery sparkle to them.  I also bought a clear one.  Oh, one more thing . . .  I used a white pen to whiten up the white of her eyes.

She definitely has blue specks all over her face but overall I really like how she turned out.  It looks like she's been having a heck of a lot of fun painting and working in her flower garden.

Speaking of gardening, the weeds in my planting beds are out of control!  I keep avoiding them!  I am trying to convince myself that just an hour a day for maybe three days would make it look dramatically better.  I'd much rather play with paint, stencils and spray ink any day!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment