Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Time After Time Challenge at Frilly and Funkie



I recently stumbled upon a blog called Frilly and Funkie.  Every couple of weeks they sponsor a challenge of some sort.  Right now their challenge is to create a project using clocks and time as your theme.  After pondering the idea of creating something for a challenge, and wondering how many time and clock related stamps and stencils I have, I decided to go for it.  I really enjoyed this challenge!   As my card came together I began to like it more and more.

I used a lot of Tim Holtz products:  his Clockwork stencil, a metal clock face from his Idea-ology Timepieces set, his detailed clock face stamp from his Visual Artistry Collection and his Idea-ology mini gears.  The flowers were die cut from Tim Holtz' Tattered Flower garland.

This card is what I will be submitting for the challenge.  Frilly and Funkie also have an online store with all sorts of great products.  It is called The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Thanks for reading!



5 comments:

  1. HI Kaylee!
    I adore everything about your card, from the gorgeous color combinations, beautiful handmade flowers, and the clock/time elements. What a wonderful creation! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy! I had a lot of fun with this. I'm looking forward to Frilly and Funkie's next challenge! Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Kaylee. Great layers of stamping and stencilling. So glad you've found us and I hope you'll continue to play along. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jenny! I had a lot of fun with the challenge. I'm eager to get working on my Flights of Fancy project!
    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Love the color palette you used here - bright and snappy but still has a wonderful vintage feel to it. Your stenciled background is terrific and the flowers are wonderful - love the way you added one to the center of the clock - great touch! So happy you discovered us over at Frilly and Funkie and decided to join in the fun!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete