Friday, April 11, 2014

A Mess of Greens and Blues

A close up of the stenciled feathers on canvas.
Last weekend I decided it had been too long since I'd used my Distress stains and Distress paints so I pulled them out.  Sometimes I really like to work in a messy but fun manner.  Other times I have more of a picture in my mind and I work in a more orderly fashion.  This was definitely a more messy day.

This spread in my small Dylusions art journal called for a lot of stenciling.  I used stencil after stencil after stencil and a few stamps.  I also used some washi tape around the edges and some small scraps of gelli printed deli paper.  In the end I decided I wanted to adhere these two stenciled feathers which I made using a Crafter's Workshop stencil called Fancy Feathers designed by Ronda Palazzari.  I stenciled them a few months ago onto some canvas material and hadn't yet incorporated them into a project . . . until now!  I also used some My Mind's Eye enamel dots that I've had sitting on my craft counter.  They add a fun bit of dimension.

As usual I adore this combination of aqua and lime green.  Nothing makes me smile more!

 Do you have a combination of colors that you like to go back to again and again??
The whole spread.
Thanks for reading!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your colour combination is beautiful and reminds me of the ocean. For a long time I was blue/green girl too but recently I've been enjoying the warmer colours especially orange/red/magenta and the quinacridone colours in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The warmer weather makes me want to go play with those warmer, summer colors. It's always good to change things up occasionally!

      Delete