Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Large Art Journal Paint Scraping Fun!

Lately I have felt a little intimidated to work in my larger Dylusions Art Journal.  Some days it just seems like a lot of space to fill.  Kind of like starting on a large blank canvas.  But on Sunday I decided it was time to stop using that as an excuse and just start applying some paint.

First I dribbled some Golden Acrylic paint and used an old credit card to spread it out.  I did this with four different colors.  Then I used a few light blue Neocolor crayons and went around the edges coloring.  I then took a wet paint brush and blended this color in.  Next I used a few of my newer Dina Wakley stamps with some black Archival Ink.  I also used my green Wink of Stella pen to color in a few of the large circles and did some stenciling with a Crafter's Workshop Stencil and some purple paint.  The last few things I did were to use a black pen to draw a wavy line around the border and then color this area in with my bubblegum pink Dylusions spray ink (that I have poured into a water brush).  Oh, and I drew a few circles in the border that I colored in with a blue Montana Acrylic paint pen and then outlined with a white uni-ball pen.  There are also a few pieces of washi tape placed randomly here and there.

One thing I like about this art journal spread is that I left some white space.  I often feel I have to cover everything in paint.  I really like the look of some white space peeking through.  It lightens things up!

Here's another look:

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment