Tuesday, March 11, 2014

To Blog or Not to Blog: My Final Motivation

Created using InstaFrame on my iPhone


A couple of months ago, while I was thinking about creating my own blog and searching for motivation, I stumbled upon Joshua Becker's post entitled 15 Reasons I Think You Should Blog.  This post is what ultimately moved me to decide, "I'm going for it!"  

I've wanted, for quite some time, to create a blog so that I could share my artistic endeavors and connect with other artists.  I know that I take great joy and find motivation in perusing other artist's blogs.  I learn new techniques, discover new products and often feel inspired to go create. 

Joshua Becker's 15 Reasons really proved to me that a blog could do more than provide me with a platform to share and connect with others.  It would give me the opportunity to hone my writing skills, clarify my values and organize my time more effectively.   I could gain more confidence, inspire others, live a more intentional life and maybe even make some money.  What really rang true for me was when I read, " The fullness of joy is not experienced until we have shared that joy with others."  (This sentence is sandwiched in the middle of reason #14: You'll find a platform to recommend.)  Yes, that's it!  I don't want to just share my art and creations, I want to share the joy and satisfaction that it brings me.  I want to share and discuss the mental dilemma I sometimes find myself in the midst of, when a voice inside me says, "Get all your work of various sorts done first, then go play and create."  Which, of course, often means that I don't get to play and create at all.  These are the juicy topics I would take great relief in reading if I were so lucky as to stumble on a post discussing such things.  

Do you have a blog?  What motivated you to go for it and create a blog?  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that link. I've been thinking about starting a personal blog (I need one more thing to do) and found his post very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the link as well, thank you for sharing! The article touched on quite a few of the reasons I ultimately decided to start a blog. Partly, I like writing and miss that aspect of when I worked outside the home. But mostly, I enjoy talking to people about books I've read and getting suggestions on good ones to read but find it difficult to find time to do so. A lot of my "me" time takes place in the middle of the night when normal people are sleeping. Plus, it's been fun learning how to create a blog and trying to make it attractive to others!

    http://thereaderboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete