Monday, March 17, 2014

A Round Gelli Print in the Small Art Journal


There is something so completely fun and invigorating when it comes to Gelli printing.  Each print is a surprise and as you layer more and more the print becomes increasingly beautiful and elaborate.  A few months ago I decided I must have the round Gelli Plate.  If you're not familiar with Gelli printing you can check out the Gelli Arts website or the Gelli Arts blog.  There are some great tutorials with videos.

For this art journal spread in my small Dylusions journal I used a quarter of a Gelli print which you can see in the bottom left corner.  I have done most of my Gelli printing on deli paper.  I like that it is fairly translucent.  I also used some Tim Holtz stencils for the background.  The word PLAY is in caps to remind me to play and create.  Sometimes I need to remind myself that it's okay to play, that creating and listening to my artistic urges is a healthy habit as is running or walking or eating well.

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment