Monday, March 31, 2014

Stenciling Fun on a Homemade Zippered Pouch


Today I have a hand-sewn little pouch to show you.  I started with some plain cotton muslin and just had fun using various stencils and acrylic paint to add color and design.  I stenciled the fuchsia flowers with a homemade stencil that I made using a flower die and my Big Shot die cutting machine.  When the paint was dry I used this tutorial from Pink Polka Dot Creations to help me sew and assemble the bag itself.  I always get nervous when a project involves a zipper.  But these directions were very easy to follow and now I think, 'a zipper . . . no problem!'  This little pouch measures 7.5" by 6.5" and is lined with a coordinating teal fabric. 

My next sewing project . . . well I'm not sure what I will sew, but I have this adorable owl fabric that I really want to use.  Any easy sewing patterns you might suggest for a backpack or bag of some sort??     Or maybe something that will help with organization??
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment