Monday, March 24, 2014

Documented Life Project Planner Pages

Hello!  In this post I am sharing three of my Documented Life Project Planner pages.  You can read about this project/challenge here.  The first week of January the challenge was to incorporate your front door into your page.  My front door is bright and colorful so this was a fun one.  I also have three brightly colored birdhouses that hang just to the left of my front door.  Here is the page I created using a photo I took.  In addition to the photo I used some gelli printed deli paper, a stencil with green paint, some stickers, and some washi tape.
The second week of January we were given the challenge to incorporate a selfie into our page.  I swear I don't really take selfies, however my younger daughter says I do.  Well, she was right.  On Christmas day I downloaded a timer app for my iPhone.  I was having fun taking some pictures with this new app and got this shot of my dog, Yogi, and I.  I ended up sticking the photo onto a scrap of homemade wrapping paper that I made.  I added some washi tape and had fun with my white and black pens and a stencil.  I was determined over the holidays not to buy any wrapping paper so I kept painting and stamping on paper bags.  I really enjoyed seeing all those gifts covered in my homemade wrapping paper under our tree.


The third page you see is the page I made last week.  Last week's challenge was to cut something out of a magazine and incorporate it into your planner.  I opened up an old Real Simple magazine and cut out the hanging wicker chairs and then, from another page in the magazine, the beautiful sea glass in shades of my favorite color - green.  I added some stickers spelling out "Smile - You're in Paradise" and then stuck down some washi tape around the edges.  That was it!  No paint.  No stencils.  Super easy!  But I love it!  Maybe if I stare at it long enough I will find myself relaxing in one of those beach chairs at a quaint little cottage on the seashore.  I like how easy and simple it was to create a little bit of paradise right at home in my planner!  

Thanks for reading!  I hope that you manage to enjoy a little bit of paradise in your life whether it be through some art or in Bali!

No comments:

Post a Comment