Sunday, March 16, 2014

Documented Life Project: Last Week's Page

 I finally found some time this weekend to work on last week's Documented Life Project Challenge.  The challenge for last week was to draw, photograph, or collage a bird onto your page. 

I've been wanting to try out my new Grand Madison Window die and Grand Flower Box die (both by Poppystamps) so I decided to use these new dies and incorporate a bird onto the page.  I used some stencils and Golden acrylic paints to create the background on a piece of brown paper sack.  The tiles above the window were something I cut out of a magazine.  The flowers in the window box are from Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flower Garland.  The green leaves in the window box are die cut using Sizzix Branch with Leaves.  The plant below the window is die cut using a Savvy Die called Leafy Branch.  The bird is a Martha Stewart Crafts Stitched Bird sticker.  I finished it off by putting little stick-on pearls in the center of the flowers and using some yellow striped washi tape around the edges.

                                                                             
This week's challenge is to cut up a magazine and add it to your planner.  This sounds like a fun challenge!  We shall see what I come up with. 
Here is a close-up of the flowers, bird and window.

No comments:

Post a Comment