Thursday, March 27, 2014

Small Art Journal Page and Some New Stuff

Here's a small art journal spread that I completed a few weeks ago.  If you haven't noticed yet, I LOVE GREEN!!  I use many different shades of green and blue in my art.  On this particular page I decided to incorporate some red and pink as well.  I also felt the need to use one of my Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamps.  I love these birds!  I keep saying that I am going to practice and learn to draw birds, but then I remember I have bird stamps and stencils and, of course, I end up taking the easy route.

Do you have a stamping or scrapbooking store near you?  I live in a small town on the Olympic Peninsula.  We have a Joann Fabrics which I am grateful for.  But better yet, in the nearby city of Sequim, Washington we have a fantastic scrapbooking and card making supply store called Doodlebugs.  I love Doodlebugs!  They have almost everything for your stamping, card making, art journaling and collaging needs.  And what they don't have they are almost always willing to order.  They also have a great blog which you can check out here.  So, when I go to Sequim to go to Costco and run other errands I often cannot resist the very strong temptation to stop at Doodlebugs.  

Today was one of those days.  I had ordered a Julie Balzer stencil and it was in . . . so I had to stop.  Of course I came home with a lot more than that 6" x 6" stencil.  Take a look at what I came home with!
Tim Holtz Ideaology Botanical Remnant Rubs, Balzer Designs Mini Indian Leaves
stencil and Spice Market metal embellishments

Prima Bloom Collection Instachick cling stamp and Stampers Anonymous Distress
Damask stamps (Tim Holtz Collection)

It is amazing how getting a few new things really inspires my creative juices.  Let the creative fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment