Friday, March 14, 2014

Birdhouses and Butterflies

These are two of my first art journal pages.  More than a year ago I was really hoping to find a birdhouse die that I could use in my Big Shot die cutting machine.  I didn't have that die though, so I decided I could just create my own birdhouses.  This was actually really fun and felt great to create what I wanted without spending money on a new die.

I am in love with birdhouses!  They represent something important to me.  They are quaint little retreats.  I would love to have a human sized birdhouse (aka: a treehouse) that was my little colorful escape from the rest of the world.  I have three brightly colored birdhouses hanging outside the front door to my house.  I love them!  I hope that they send a warm welcome to family and friends who come to visit.

These pages were created using a few different Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations dies:  Bird Branch, On the Fence and the Movers & Shapers Mini Butterflies Sets.  The birds are Martha Stewart Crafts Stitched Bird stickers and the butterfly on the left page is a sticker.  The background for the page on the right was created using Dylusions Ink Sprays.  The background for the page on the left was made using Tim Holtz Distress Paints.

Is there something that you use in your art that represents something of importance to you?

1 comment:

  1. Kaylee, I loved reading your comments about bird houses and love your art journal pages.

    ReplyDelete