Monday, March 2, 2015

Art Journal Fun with Dina Wakley's Woodcut Stamps and a Scribbly Bird

The joy and fun I've experienced working in my art journals the past three days is immense.  I'm having a blast!  The weekend was beautiful and I did get outside, but some days I think the joy I experience from creating is even more than that which I experience on a trail run.  Maybe I should just say they are two completely different joyful and satisfying experiences. (One burns a few more calories than the other!)  Here is a spread I worked on on Saturday.  I love how the magenta color looks over the blues and greens.

The hearts and the leaves on a branch are from Dina Wakley's Woodcuts set of stamps.  The bird is from her Scribbly Birds set.  I incorporated some stitching and some fabric into these pages.  I also used some new washi tapes.  For the background I stuck down some Italian music paper before scraping on some blue, green and teal paint.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment