Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Remnant Rub Butterfly Tag


I recently stumbled upon the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #24.  You can read about how it works here.  Basically, every two weeks a new technique is chosen from Tim Holtz's A Compendium of Curiosities, Volume III book.  Then anyone interested can refer to that technique in their book (you have to have your own copy of the book - their are no instructions included) and create something using that technique.  There were tons of great photos of tags and other art that the Curiosity Crew had created and I learned of quite a few new blogs I will be following. You can read about the CC3 Challenge 24 here and see some of the fantastic remnant rub projects.  So, being the little eager beaver that I am, I ran (okay drove) to Doodlebugs in Sequim to grab a copy of the third volume of A Compendium of Curiosities.   Here is the tag I created with the Remnant Rub technique on page 51.

Here is what the tag looked like after I used the remnant rub technique and before I started embellishing it:

I really like this technique!! I especially like the white showing through.  Here are some more photos including a few close-ups:



A big thank you to the folks at The Funkie Junkie Boutique for sponsoring this challenge!  

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to CC3C!! Your work is very cool, love the effect you've created with this tag. I agree, the white that shows through creates some very cool highlights. Don't forget to comment on the Curiosity Crew blogs so you'll be eligible to win. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to CC3C, Kaylee. Your tag is amazing! What a way to start out in entering our challenges! Your background colors are so wonderful and your Remnant Rub image choices are awesome. Great use of the technique. I truly love how you finished out the tag. Thanks so much for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaylee...so glad you stumbled upon CC3! What a beautiful tag!!!! Welcome to the fun...hope to see you in future challenges!!! I love the way you incorporated the technique! Way to go!!! Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! I love the colors you used. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete