Saturday, February 28, 2015

Birds and Tulips and Everything in Three's

My new Dina Wakley stamps were the impetus for this layout in my art journal.  You can see and/or purchase this set of stamps here.  The set is called Woodcuts.  The leaves on a branch was my favorite stamp when I first saw some of Dina's work using these stamps.  I also love the tulip style flower stamp.  In the background I used a Donna Downey stencil called Leaf-Stem Trio.  I must confess I love leaves and flowers!  I have so many stamps and stencils that are leafy and flowery.  Oh, birds and birdhouses are a favorite too.  I punched three circles out of music note paper and inked them with picked raspberry and abandoned coral distress ink and stuck them down on the far right.  Everything seems to appear in three's in this layout.  I guess three is a good number!


Here are a few close-ups of each page.


Thanks for looking!  

No comments:

Post a Comment