Monday, March 30, 2015

A Parade of Butterflies!

This piece started with a desire to incorporate some fabric into a mixed media piece.  I created this by starting in the center and working my way out.   The green, pink and yellow pieces behind the center heart are fabric.  Both above and below the fabric are some pieces of ribbon.  The ribbon and the fabric were 'collage pauged' to a piece of dictionary paper which I gelli printed a few weeks ago.

Before I added the butterflies I put this under my sewing machine and stitched with some yellow thread.  The paper behind the heart is a torn scrap of gelli printed deli paper.  I decided to frame what I had so far with some coordinating washi tape and then added the layered butterflies.  The butterflies were cut using a combination of Sizzix dies and paper punches.
 I think it could be fun to add a little jewel to the center of each butterfly.  Or maybe some Liquid Pearls dots.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment