Friday, March 27, 2015

A Birthday Card With a Large Foil Flower

Both of my daughters have birthdays in April!  So I figured I'd better get to work on their birthday cards.   I bought some Heidi Swapp flowers and this beautiful mint colored foil at my local Joann's.  I did not buy the Heidi Swapp Minc Foil applicator machine because it was $150!!  However, a month or so ago I bought a small $20 laminator that Jennifer McGuire recommended in this post.  Guess what?!  Heidi Swapp's flowers and foil worked in my little inexpensive laminator!  I was so excited!  This is the package of flowers that I bought.  They are card stock with black toner (I assume) and when you run it through a laminator the foil adheres to the black areas.  Very cool!
The package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal plaquettes happened to have the number 17 and the number 14.  Perfect!  A card for my almost 14 year old is next on my list.  I also loved the opportunity to use my new Make A Wish candles die set from Memory Box.  These candles come in sets of 3 in three different sizes.

Here's a close-up of the foiled mint flowers that I layered to create one large flower.
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment