Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Paper Artsy Birdhouses and Flowers

I finally found some time to play with some Paper Artsy JOFY stamp sets (collections 15, 22, 24 and 26) that I purchased a while back.  I love these birdhouses, the birds and the flowers.  I stamped the images with my black Archival Ink Pad and colored them in with Inktense pencils and a water brush.  The background was created a few weeks ago in my attempt to use up some left over paint.  I simply grabbed the stencils I had closest to me.  The reddish pink flowers were stenciled with a Tim Holtz layering stencil called Blossom.  The green leaves were stenciled with a Donna Downey stencil called Leaf-Stem Trio.
I was liking this layout . . . but what really made me love it was the addition of the Liquid Pearls.  Those little yellow dots on the flowers really bring some dimension and excitement that add to the whole thing.  I ought to use my Liquid Pearls and Stickles more often!
 The lime green birdhouse kind of feels like it needs a bird.  I might have to add one.  But even without the birds the flowers and the birdhouses have me smiling.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment