Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hugs and a Bright Tag



On Sunday I was experimenting with my small little gelli plate and doing some gelli printing onto tags.  I used some blue and green acrylic paint and a few stencils with my gelli plate first.  Then, when that was dry, I used my neon yellow Hero Arts Ink dauber to color the rest of the tag.  I also had this new stamp called Hugs that I got from Paperbag Studios.  The bright tag seemed to call for these beautiful sisters hugging each other so lovingly.  Or is it a mother and a daughter?  Either way, as a mother of two teenage daughters, when I saw this stamp I new I must have it.   This was a pretty simple tag to put together and I really like the pop of the hot pink.  The hot pink flowers at the top of the tag were stamped using one of Julie Balzer's new stamps from her Hand Carved Flowers set.  The girls hugging were stamped onto newsprint with Watering Can Archival Ink.  I then used my Inktense pencils to do some coloring.  I cut the corners off (to make it fit better onto the tag) and mounted it on some pink paper before adhering it to the tag.

Here's a close-up of the flowers and leaves at the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment