Friday, March 20, 2015

Red and Orange Background With Alcohol Ink

This month at Doodlebugs, my local paper crafting store in Sequim, WA, the product challenge is to use alcohol ink.  I don't think I've used alcohol inks in my art journals so this was a new experience.  I   wanted to give it a try.  I applied a matte medium to the background and let it dry before starting in with the alcohol inks.  I used the felt applicator and squirted/dripped drops of alcohol ink onto the applicator before brushing the ink onto my art journal.  Next I used some modeling paste through a stencil to create the vine like look.  When the modeling paste was dry I put the stencil back down and applied some green paint.  The circles were cut out of some gelli printed deli paper.  I also got to use one of my new Dina Wakley stamps from her Scribbly Flowers set.

These aren't my usual colors but they're warm and bright with a tad bit of my favorite green.   The quote is a reminder to myself that often good things (perhaps growth and wisdom) come from disagreements.  And that conflict is a part of life . . . not something to be feared and avoided.  I can always use some enlightenment!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. great colors and I really like all the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and how you have graded them to blend naturally. I am also a fan of the way the eye moves across the page. The quote is a great reminder. I need that kind of reminder sometimes. Powerful spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors work great together. I have not learned how to use the alcohol inks yet. Like the vivid color they leave. Enjoyed my visit today.

    ReplyDelete