Monday, March 23, 2015

Art Journal Spread With Julie Balzer Stamps

Julie Balzer's new hand carved leaves and hand carved flowers stamps were fresh in my hands when I created this layout in my large art journal.  It's definitely green and spring-like.  I really love the addition of the little yellow Perfect Pearls dots that I added to the center of the flowers.  It's always exciting to me how just adding a few little details here and there can bring a page together.  
There are also a few things that bug me about this page . . . the middle flower is a little too tall and I wish I would have included a poem or message of some sort in the space to the right of the flower on the left page.  I guess I could still go back in and add a poem or quote.  It's kind of fun to be able to go back and add to pages days, weeks or even months later.

Below you'll find a few close-ups of this spread.



Thanks for visiting!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can imagine the poem or words already. Have you any in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynda! Yes, I do have some words in mind. I think I'll tuck the piece of paper they're written on inside my art journal so I remember to incorporate them into my next spread.

    ReplyDelete