Monday, February 23, 2015

Art Journal Pages from Nathalie Kalbach's Class at CREATE in Seattle

This past October I treated myself to four days of art and learning at CREATE in Seattle.  I took 5 classes over the four days and had a blast.  Two of the classes were taught by Nathalie Kalbach.  One was an art journal class called 'It's All About the Layers' and the other was a canvas class called 'Texture Galore'.  I loved both of these classes!  Nathalie is really funny!  She grew up in Germany and now lives in Jersey City, New Jersey with her husband.  Here's a link to her blog.

Here are some photos of the art journal spreads I completed while taking her day long class at CREATE.

 It was a lot of fun to use Nathalie's stencils and stamps!  Of course I ended up purchasing quite a few of her stencils and stamp sets as well.

We used a magazine cut out for this page.



 For this last spread Nathalie asked us to incorporate a magazine model into our page.  It was fun to add paint to this woman and really make her apart of my art journal spread.

I didn't realize how much I like elephants until I saw Nathalie's stencil.  They are big and powerful and beautiful.  Check out this recent post from Nathalie's blog where she shares two canvases she made using her elephant stencil.  I love these!


2 comments: