Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Cards

On Monday and Tuesday of this week I had a Valentine's card making frenzy!  I completely took over the kitchen table and went to town with stencils, distress inks, some paint, a few dies and stamps.  I created 7 different cards.  The first four that I'm showing here all include a bouquet of flowers that I die cut using my new Memory Box Blushing Bouquet craft die.
I used platinum Stickles on the center of these flowers.

I glued on pink sequins to the center of these flowers.
For the background on this card and the last one I used Wendy Vecchi's clear embossing paste.  I had anticipated it to go on clear and then I would add color to the paper . . . but there happened to be some pink- maybe Dylusions spray ink - that came off the stencil and mixed with the embossing paste as I was scraping it on with my palette knife through the stencil.   I decided I liked it and would use it!
Embossed and die cut hearts on some stamped and stenciled paper.

I added a little washi tape to this one.

A die cut doily and a die cut heart.

I adore the enamel dots that are available now in so many colors.  As you can see I had fun with some pink and red enamel dots on these last three cards.

Now I'm hard at work making a Birthday card for my Dad. 

Have a great Valentine's Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment