Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Birthday Cards

Today's post features three different birthday cards I made between June of last year and January of last month. I really love making birthday cards!  Though I have a stash of ready made cards, I really like to create one especially for the birthday boy or girl.  It gives me one more excuse to have fun with my paints, inks, stencils, dies, papers and more.

This first card is a birthday card I created for my dear friend before she and I and another friend spent a day on Whidbey Island last June.  I really like the Sizzix trellis die in the background.  I'll have to pull that out and maybe incorporate it into a Valentine card.
This next card was a card I made in November for my daughter to give to a good friend of hers.  They are in Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble together and he plays both the clarinet and the saxophone.  I printed the pictures of the sax and clarinet off the internet and covered them in packing tape to give them a bit of a shine.
This last card was a card I made just a few weeks ago to send to my partner's mom for her 90th birthday.  He was visiting her for her birthday and I didn't get the card made before he left so I had to mail it.  This would have been no big deal but I decided a 90th birthday called for a very LARGE card.  This card measured about 8 inches by 12 inches and so had to be mailed in a large envelope.  I had so much fun using Gelli printed pieces of deli paper and creating those little ribbon wrapped 'presents' at the bottom.  I also had both of my daughters write a note/birthday wish to her - so on the inside there are 3 separate notes included.

I am currently working on Valentine's Cards and having so much fun!  

My big challenge is to come up with a birthday card for my Dad whose birthday is on the 16th of this month.  He likes to golf.  I think I need to invest in more golfing stamps.  Making a card for a man is always so much more difficult for me than making cards for women.  Any great ideas for manly, golf-related birthday cards??


No comments:

Post a Comment