Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wildflowers and Butterflies: Time to be Brave in New York

This past week I got to go to New York with my daughter and the Port Angeles High School Choir.  Wow!  What a crazy and action packed trip it was!  I made this card before leaving as I was thinking about being brave while in the huge city of 8.5 million people.  Nature was one thing I did not see much of.  No butterflies for sure.  However there were some beautiful flower arrangements which I took photos of and will share in a later post with some other New York photos.


For this card I made the butterflies out of painted canvas which I adhered to card stock.  I used Anna-Karin's technique which she shared in this post.  Her blog is called Layers of Ink.  I had fun incorporating the Tim Holtz Idea-ology clock hands and the metal ornate plate into this card.  I also used the Trellis Frameworks die from Tim Holtz Alterations Collection.  At the top and bottom of this card I stuck down some washi tape and over that I laid down a sticker strip from Tim Holtz Gallery Industrious Stickers from his Idea-ology Collection.

Here are a few close-ups:


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment